November 25, 2013

Black and White Summer


These photos make me feel nostalgic for summer days in the 80s, even though I was only born in 89 and even though they were taken last Thursday.

I'm sitting on my bed catching up on Doctor Who, the windows flung open as wide as they can go and a plastic fan in my sunburnt face. During the colder months you dream of long days and sun kissed skin and vintage bikinis but in reality, summer is smelling your own armpits on stage at the theatre, walking down the street with your saxophones feeling like you're wading through someone else's bathwater, and lukewarm chocolate ice cream melting down your hand, dripping onto your exposed toes and making your lips stick together. 

Everything's a fallacy. 





Donna and Larica, my favourite bitches.
Seapoint Promenade, Cape Town.


Lady Grey 100 Lomo film (bought in Amsterdam) + LC-Wide Lomo camera



18 comments:

  1. These photos look like a set from the fifties! You are so talent at photography Bas, this is my favourite photography blog it's just so refreshing to not see crazy hyper-saturated photos. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos & the others on your blog are amazing!
    I can't wait to see more, thanks for the follow by the way (following you back now)

    -Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fabulous. I'm listening to 80's music as I read it, a coincidence but it fit your blog.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your photos and blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These images are beautiful! Love the one with the orange segments hahaha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugh! like seriously TEACH ME YOUR BEAUTIFUL WAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I'm very much enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing!

    bbritnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. these photos are amazing, so vintage !

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely pictures and atmosphere! i am a fan of lomo, it really gives the pictures this "real" vibe that i love
    Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving these pics..and what you wrote in the beginning... I saw myself lost into that scenario you created..cool blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these, how they fade in and out.....so perfect.

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely darling! Your friends are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos are amazing! I love them, Bas :) I especially love the "layered" kind f thing that you often seem to do :) And if your sunburned face needs some cool air, than wanna trade places? I am FREEZING. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVELY PICS :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. The fourth photo is beaut!

    Grace @ polaroidsandpuds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous pictures - so jealous of the sunshine you guys have!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete